The Budget had reduced cooperatives’ alternate minimum tax and charge.
Meenesh Shah, Chairman, National Dairy Development Board had welcomed the reduction in alternate minimum tax for cooperative from 18.5 per cent to 15 and surcharge from 12 to 7 per cent%for cooperatives having income ₹ R to 10 crore.
The decision will boost development initiatives of dairy cooperatives and ensure better remuneration to millions of farmers.
In the union budget 2020-21, Rs 300 crore has been allocated for the implementation of National Programme for Dairy Development (NPDD), a central sector scheme.
As per guidelines of this Scheme, to avail funding, district-wise project needs to be prepared based on a baseline survey (conducted by an independent agency) and submitted through the concerned State Government. NDDB may be contacted for conducting Pre-project Baseline Survey and preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR).
National Programme for Dairy Development
The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying (AH&D) is one of the Departments of the newly created Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying vide Cabinet Secretariat’s Notification No.1/21/7/2019-Cab dated 17.06.2019 published in eGazette S.O.No.1972(E). The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying (AH&D) renamed as Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries (DADF) was one of the Departments in the Ministry of Agriculture and came into existence w.e.f. 1st February 1991, by converting two divisions of the Department of Agriculture and Cooperation namely Animal Husbandry and Dairy Development into a separate Department. The Fisheries Division of the Department of Agriculture and Cooperation and a part of the Ministry of Food Processing Industries were later transferred to this Department w.e.f. 10th October 1997. The Department is located at Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi and parts of some Divisions of the Department are functioning from Chanderlok Building, Janpath, New Delhi.
The Department is responsible for matters relating to livestock production, preservation, protection from diseases and improvement of stocks and dairy development, and also for matters relating to Delhi Milk Scheme (DMS) and National Dairy Development Board (NDDB).
The Department advises State Governments/Union Territories in formulation of policies and programme in the field of Animal Husbandry and Dairy Development. The main thrust areas are:
- Development of requisite infrastructure in States/ UTs for improving animal productivity.
- Preservation and protection of livestock through provision of health care.
- Strengthening of central livestock farms (Cattle, Sheep and Poultry) for development of superior germplasm for distribution to states.
The NPDD scheme aims to enhance quality of milk and milk products and increase share of organized milk procurement. The scheme has two components:
Under NPDD, Fund sharing Pattern of Centre & State is as under:
- Component ‘A’ focuses towards creating/strengthening of infrastructure for quality milk testing equipment as well as primary chilling facilities for State Cooperative Dairy Federations/ District Cooperative Milk Producers’ Union/SHG run private dairy/Milk Producer Companies/Farmer Producer Organisations. The scheme will be implemented across the country for the period of five year from 2021-22 to 2025-26.
- Component ‘B’ (Dairying Through Cooperatives) provides financial assistance from Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) as per project agreement already signed with them. It is an externally aided project, envisaged to be implemented during the period from 2021-22 to 2025-26 on pilot basis in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar initially with the objective of creation of necessary dairy infrastructure for the purpose of providing market linkages for the produce in villages and for strengthening of capacity building of stake-holding institutions from village to State level.
For more Information: Sign in Websites for Agrochemical & Pharmaceutical Databases:
Website : https://www.chemrobotics.com/ (Agrochemical Databases)
Website : https://chemroboticspharma.com/ (Pharmaceutical Databases)