Panacea Biotec on Monday said it has filed a suit before the Delhi High Court seeking to restrain Sanofi Healthcare India from marketing a fully liquid hexavalent vaccine.
The company instituted a suit before the Delhi HC seeking to restrain Sanofi Healthcare India Pvt. Ltd. from marketing a fully liquid hexavalent vaccine that would infringe Panacea’s patent for its fully liquid Whole Cell Pertussis based fully liquid Hexavalent Vaccine, EasySix, the company said in a filing.
“The suit filed against Sanofi comes at the heels of Sanofi having received marketing approval for a Whole Cell Pertussis based Hexavalent vaccine by the Drugs Controller General (India),” Panacea Biotec added.
On May 11, 2021, when the suit was listed before the Delhi High Court, after elaborate submissions from both parties, Sanofi undertook that it could not manufacture or market any product which infringes the amended claims of Panacea patent, it added.
About EasySix vaccine
- Description : The EasySix vaccine comes in a pre-filled syringe and is used to vaccinate against Diphtheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough, Hepatitis B, Haemophilus influenza Type B and Inactivated Polio.
- SALT COMPOSITION -Diphtheria Immune Globulin (30IU) + Haemophilus Type B Conjugate Vaccine (10mcg) + Pertussis Toxoid (4IU) + Tetanus Toxoid (60IU) + Poliomyelitis Virus Type 1 (40D Antigen Unit) + Poliomyelitis Virus Type 2 (8D Antigen Unit) + Poliomyelitis virus type 3 (32D Antigen Unit)
BENEFITS OF EASY SIX INJECTION
- In Diphtheria –Diphtheria is a bacterial infection that causes pain and swelling in the throat. This might cause difficulty in breathing. It might also damage the heart, kidneys and nerves. Easy Six Vaccine is to be administered only by or under the supervision of your doctor. You should never self-administer this medicine. It is advisable to consult your doctor for complete information regarding vaccination schedules.
- In Haemophilus influenzae Type b disease –Haemophilus Influenzae type b infection can cause serious illness, especially in children, some of which are meningitis (infection of brain meninges), pneumonia etc. It is spread mainly through contact with infected droplets (coughing or sneezing) or secretions from an infected person’s nose and throat. Easy Six Vaccine gives protection against this infection. It helps the immune system to produce antibodies to fight against the disease. It is advisable to consult your doctor for complete information regarding vaccination schedules.
- In Pertussis- Pertussis (often called whooping cough) is an infection of the airways that can occur at any age but mostly affects infants and young children. The infection causes uncontrollable coughing that can make it difficult to breathe. Easy Six Vaccine gives protection from pertussis. Easy Six Vaccine is to be administered only by or under the supervision of your doctor. You should never self-administer this medicine. It is advisable to consult your doctor for complete information regarding vaccination schedules.
- In Tetanus –Tetanus is a serious bacterial infection that affects the nervous system and causes muscles throughout the body to become stiff and tighten. Easy Six Vaccine is a vaccine and helps prevent tetanus. It helps the immune system to produce antibodies to fight against tetanus infection. However, it does not provide lifelong protection. A booster shot is recommended but it is advisable to consult your doctor for complete information regarding vaccination schedules.
- In Polio -Polio is a life-threatening disease caused by the poliovirus. It can spread from person to person and can infect the brain and spinal cord causing paralysis (unable to move body parts). Easy Six Vaccine gives protection against polio virus. It helps the immune system to produce antibodies to fight against the virus. Easy Six Vaccine is to be administered only by or under the supervision of your doctor. You should never self-administer this medicine. It is advisable to consult your doctor for complete information regarding vaccination schedules.
- In Prevention of Hepatitis B infection –Easy Six Vaccine is given to protect against infection by the hepatitis B virus. Hepatitis B is an infection of the liver caused by a virus. It can be spread from a mother to her newborn baby. Hepatitis B can be serious, but it does not always cause obvious symptoms. Easy Six Vaccine is given by an injection into a muscle as soon as possible after exposure to risk and will help prevent infection. This medicine does not work if you already have hepatitis B.
SIDE EFFECTS OF EASY SIX INJECTION
Common side effects of Easy Six
- Injection site pain
- Injection site tenderness
- Injection site swelling
- Injection site redness
HOW EASY SIX INJECTION WORKS
Easy Six Vaccine is a combination of seven vaccines. They help develop immunity by initiating a mild infection. This type of infection does not cause illness but stimulates the body’s immune system to produce antibodies (proteins) to protect against any future infections.
EasySix has been in the market since 2017 and the company expects it to be a part of government vaccination, immunisation programmes, both domestically and internationally, Panacea Biotec noted.
About Panacea Biotec
Panacea Biotec is an Indian multinational global generic and specialty pharmaceutical and vaccine maker registered in India with principal offices in New Delhi, Mumbai, and Lalru (near Chandigarh, India). Panacea Drugs Pvt. Ltd. was set up in the year 1984 and got listed in 1995 as Panacea Biotec Ltd.
Serum Institute of India CEO Adar Poonawalla holds an 8.59 percent stake in Panacea Biotec, which makes vaccines and pharmaceutical products
About Sanofi Inc.
Sanofi S.A. is a French multinational healthcare company headquartered in Paris, France. Originally, the corporation was established in 1973 and merged with Synthélabo in 1999 to form Sanofi-Synthélabo. Sanofi develops, manufactures, and distributes healthcare products and pharmaceuticals for diabetes solutions, human vaccines, rare diseases, emerging markets, and consumer healthcare. Sanofi Pasteur is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to vaccines.
- AgroPat Lite– Access 5500 pesticides with chemistry, Biology, Regulatory, and IP info. Covers the product information including formulation, combination, developer, innovator, existing intellectual property, regulatory requirement, biology data including spectrum, MOA, DFU, toxicity profile, and safety. (Designed for Business Development function)
- AgroPat Ultimate– In detailed Access 5500 pesticides with chemistry, Biology, Regulatory, and IP info. (Designed for Research & Development function)
- Indian Medicine Database –Approved Drugs, Medical Devices, Approved Regenerative Medical Products
- Weblink: https://imd.chemrobotics.com/
- Indian Pesticide Database (IPD)– All Indian Approvals, e.g. 9(3) and 9(4), etc.
- Global Agro Product Directory(More than 55countries approved product info. with relevant documents such as label, factsheet and monograph)
- Weblink: https://www.chemrobotics.com/pesticides-directory/
- Global MRL Database(More than 85 countries MRL info.)
- Jarvis– A Competitor Patents Watch Database for Agrochemical
- Technical Routes(More than 15000 routes of synthesis for Agrochemical & Pharmaceutical)
- Technical Suppliers(Provides technical supplier information)
- Company Directory– KSM Supplier(s) Database — More than 10 K Companies listed from Pharma / Agrochemical / Fine Chemical Domain with their product offering in Pharma / Agrochemical / Fine Chemical segment,
- Weblink: https://companydirectory.chemrobotics.com
- ChemRobotics SPC Database– Provides Patent SPC data Europe
- PharmVetPat –Access chemistry including ROS, KSM, Intermediate, Biology, Regulatory, and IP info for all pharm molecules.