- ICAR-Indian Institute of Spices Research, Kozhikode, has signed an agreement with Bayer Crop Science Limited, Thane for capacity building, development of plant protection schedule and nematode management programmes.
- The collaboration mainly focuses on sharing research knowledge, expertise, and capabilities of IISR to Bayer besides providing technical expertise for conducting capacity building programmes for good agricultural practices for production of spices such as black pepper, cardamom, ginger and turmeric.
- The agreement also involves testing Bayer chemicals for nematode management, creating awareness and frontline demonstrations on nematode management in black pepper, ginger and turmeric among farmers.
ICAR-Indian Institute of Spices Research, Kozhikode signed an agreement with M/s. Bayer Crop Science Limited, Thane, Maharashtra for capacity building, development of plant protection schedule and nematode awareness as well as management programmes at ICAR-IISR, Kozhikode on 25 August 2022. M/s. Bayer Crop Science Limited was represented by Dr. Sangeeta Mendiratta, (Government Affairs-Lead IBSL), Mr. Yogesh Mohite (Crop Lead-Horticulture and Plantations), Mr. Visweswara Rao (Campaign Excellence Lead-South), Mr. Natesan (Commercial Head-South), Ms. Haritha J. Kumar (Territory Business Manager) and Mr. Vinayaka (Research and Development). The meeting was presided over by Dr. C. K. Thankamani, Director (Acting) during which Dr. A. Ishwara Bhat, Head (Acting), Division of Crop Protection briefed about the agreement and narrated the activities proposed to be undertaken under various components of the MoU. Mr. Yogesh Mohite and Dr. V. Srinivasan briefly presented the mandates and missions of M/s. Bayer Crop Science Limited and ICAR-IISR, respectively. The collaboration mainly focuses on sharing research knowledge, expertise, and capabilities of ICAR-IISR to Bayer besides providing technical expertise for conducting capacity building programmes with special emphasis on developing a module for nematode management in spices, particularly in black pepper and ginger. “It is a great moment for the Institute wherein both the signatories are collaborating with a goal to develop best practices for safe spice production towards achieving the aim and mission of the MoU for the benefit of the farming community of India at large” observed Dr. Thankamani.
About Bayer Crop Science Limited
Bayer CropScience is a world leader in the areas of crop protection pest control seeds and plant biotechnology. The company offers comprehensive solutions for modern sustainable agriculture and non-agricultural applications. The company operates in the area of Crop Protection Environmental Science and BioScience. Bayer provides innovative solutions designed to prevent, alleviate and treat diseases. Bayer’s leadership in agriculture provides tailored solutions for farmers to plant, grow and protect their harvests using less land, water and energy.
- AgroPat Lite– Access 5500 pesticides with chemistry, Biology, Regulatory, and IP info. Covers the product information including formulation, combination, developer, innovator, existing intellectual property, regulatory requirement, biology data including spectrum, MOA, DFU, toxicity profile, and safety. (Designed for Business Development function)
- AgroPat Ultimate– In detailed Access 5500 pesticides with chemistry, Biology, Regulatory, and IP info. (Designed for Research & Development function)
- Indian Medicine Database –Approved Drugs, Medical Devices, Approved Regenerative Medical Products
- Weblink: https://imd.chemrobotics.com/
- Indian Pesticide Database (IPD)– All Indian Approvals, e.g. 9(3) and 9(4), etc.
- Global Agro Product Directory(More than 55countries approved product info. with relevant documents such as label, factsheet and monograph)
- Weblink: https://www.chemrobotics.com/pesticides-directory/
- Global MRL Database(More than 85 countries MRL info.)
- Jarvis– A Competitor Patents Watch Database for Agrochemical
- Technical Routes(More than 15000 routes of synthesis for Agrochemical & Pharmaceutical)
- Technical Suppliers(Provides technical supplier information)
- Company Directory– KSM Supplier(s) Database — More than 10 K Companies listed from Pharma / Agrochemical / Fine Chemical Domain with their product offering in Pharma / Agrochemical / Fine Chemical segment,
- Weblink: https://companydirectory.chemrobotics.com
- ChemRobotics SPC Database– Provides Patent SPC data Europe
- PharmVetPat –Access chemistry including ROS, KSM, Intermediate, Biology, Regulatory, and IP info for all pharm molecules.