Summary-:IFFCO and Mitsubishi Corporation collaboratively developed Sasage, a contact fungicide to help farmers combat fungal diseases.
Fungicides are substances that either eliminate or stop the development of fungi and their spores. Fungicides have a variety of actions, but the major fungicides have a damaging effect on the membranes of fungi or prevent them to spread.
Broad-spectrum fungicides are typically contact-based, multi-sited fungicides that are not only effective against diseases that are closely related to it, but also against pathogens that are unrelated to it. Contact fungicides only protect the plant where the spray is placed because they are not absorbed into the plant tissue.
Fungal disease management could be difficult sometimes and as a result, farmers must prioritize its management. Scientists and experts both usually recommend using fungicides to reduce production loss.
- Description: It is a water-dispersible granule containing 80% sulphur as an active ingredient and balance adjuvants of 20% w/w. Sasage is made up of sulphur technical with 80% of the active ingredient it is used to prevent fungal disease in the plant. Sasage is a broad-spectrum contact fungicide which is preventive in nature.it also provides sulphur to the plant which is essential for the plant. Sasage controls fungal spots, leaf spot and rust. As a result, IFFCO and Mitsubishi Corporation established a joint venture to create Sasage, a contact fungicide with both preventative and curative properties.
- Technical Name: Sulphur 80% WDG
- Mode of Action: Fungicide with Contact Action
- Plants to be used -Sulphur 80% WDG is used for the control of powdery mildew on Grapes, Cowpea, Guar, Pea, Cumin , wheat, Mango and Scab disease of apple.
Properties of using Sasage:
Sasage is a broad-spectrum contact fungicide that provides sulphur to plants and is preventive in nature.
Sasage is mainly used to prevent fungal diseases in plants and is made up of 80% sulphur as an active ingredient and 20 % w/w balance adjuvants. Rust, leaf spot and fungal spots are all controlled by Sasage. It prevents fungal disease in cumin, apple, grapes, mango, peas, cowpeas, and other plants.
- Sasage is a flowable, micronized sulphur granule that is dust-free and simple to apply.
- Sasage rapidly dissolves in water and spreads swiftly across the foliage, avoiding leaf burn.
- It has a triple activity as a fungicide, micronutrient (sulphur), and miticide.
- It has extended time of very lengthy control.
- The application of Sasage protects fruit and leaf surfaces from spotting or scorching.
Features and USP:
- Sasage is a brand of micronized sulphur granules that are dust-free, flowable, and simple to handle and measure.
- Because to its rapid dispersion and great susceptibility in water, it does not burn.
- It functions as an acaricide, micronutrient (Sulphur), and fungicide simultaneously.
- Fruits and leaves are not stained or burned as a result of spraying.
Joint Venture of IFFCO and Mitsubishi Corp
Fertiliser cooperative IFFCO today formally launched a joint venture with Japanese firm Mitsubishi Corp for manufacturing agrochemicals in India that will start operation in this rabi season starting October.
IFFCO holds 51 per cent stake and the rest is held by Mitsubishi in the joint venture IFFCO-MC Crop Science Private Ltd. The shareholding pact was signed last month.
About Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited
Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited, also known as IFFCO, is a multi-state cooperative society. IFFCO is wholly owned by Cooperative Societies of India. The society is engaged in the business of manufacturing and marketing of fertilizers. IFFCO is headquartered in New Delhi, India. Started in 1967 with 57 member cooperatives, it is today the biggest co-op in the world by turnover on GDP per capita (as per World Cooperative Monitor 2021), with around 35,000 member cooperatives reaching over 50 million Indian farmers.
With around 19% market share in urea and around 31% market share in complex fertilizers (P2O5 terms) IFFCO is India’s largest fertilizer manufacturer.
The cooperative was ranked 66th on the Fortune India 500 list of India’s biggest corporations as of 2017 with a net worth of $2.6 billion as on March, 2021.
ChemRobotics is a scientific data science company that specializes in serving the Pharmaceutical, Agrochemical, Veterinary, and Fine Chemical sectors. It offers an extensive online database that provides a wide range of scientific data to professionals in these industries. The ChemRobotics database proves to be invaluable to various teams involved in product development, including chemists, formulation scientists, biologists, and the registration team. Moreover, the ChemRobotics database offers numerous benefits to the generic/discovery agrochemical industry, making it an essential resource. Weblink: https://www.chemrobotics.com