Wockhardt to receive upfront and milestone payments, in addition to royalties.
Wockhardt Bio AG – a subsidiary of Wockhardt Limited, a worldwide leader in the discovery of novel antibiotics and Jiangxi Jemincare Group Company Limited, China (“Jemincare”), have partnered for Wockhardt’s novel patented antibiotic WCK 4873 (INN: Nafithromycin) in People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan for the treatment of community-acquired bacterial pneumonia and other respiratory tract infections.
Under the terms of the definitive agreement, Jemincare will be responsible for exclusive development and commercialization of the Nafithromycin in the select markets.
A joint steering committee is formed to oversee the development and regulatory activities. Wockhardt will receive an upfront payment and will be eligible for regulatory-linked milestone payments. Further, Wockhardt would supply the product to Jemincare and will receive royalties on net sales. Wockhardt would transfer the manufacturing technology to Jemincare at the mutually agreed time.
Dr. Habil Khorakiwala, Founder Chairman of Wockhardt Group said, “Wockhardt has been at the forefront in the fight against Anti-Microbial Resistance (AMR) which has been identified as one of the top threats by WHO. Our novel drug discovery program of around 20 years has yielded a rich pipeline of products that are at different stages of commercialization. This arrangement upholds our commitment in the fight against AMR.”
Further, Wockhardt will continue to develop Nafithromycin for other markets including India where Phase III clinical study is ongoing.
“We are happy to partner with a company of repute like Jemincare in China, which is also one of the biggest markets. We are confident that Jemincare with its excellent standing in the China market will do full justice to the potential of the product.”, noted Dr. Murtaza Khorakiwala, Managing Director, Wockhardt.
Dr. Mahesh Patel, Chief Scientific Officer of Wockhardt added, “Bacterial pneumonia and other respiratory tract infections trigger the highest volume of antibiotic prescriptions world over. The prevalence of antimicrobial resistance poses a therapeutic challenge to physicians with extremely limited safer and effective therapeutic options, particularly for the most vulnerable group such as pediatric and older age group patients.
Nafithromycin has been designed to overcome resistance in several respiratory pathogens. It would provide a compliance-friendly once-a-day, three-day therapy option, most appropriate for community origin respiratory infections.”
For More information Access ChemRoboticsPharma.com (PharmVetPat – A Generic Pharmaceutical Database):
ChemRobotics PharmaVetPat Platform is dedicated to Pharma / Veterinary / Agrochemical and Fine Chemical Industry.
Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
– User can find applications of an intermediate or reagent in Agrochemical and Pharmaceutical commercial compounds. Moreover, you can also find all relevant information on Agrochemical and Pharmaceutical commercial compounds including biology/pharmacology/ Patents/Non-Patent/Regulatory Approvals etc.
– More than 100000 active pharmaceutical ingredients routes of synthesis with their intermediates are disclosed. The route of synthesis is also classified as Commercial Routes of Synthesis (ROS), Chinese Routes of Synthesis (ROS), Innovator’s Routes of Synthesis (ROS), etc.
– Provides information on new and existing Active pharmaceutical Ingredient, drug product approval information (US, Europe, Canada, Japan), Routes of Synthesis (Product Patent Routes / Commercial Routes of Synthesis, and Other Disclosed Routes), DMF holder (USDMF, ESMF & JDMF), Developer, Innovator, Manufacturer, Patent Landscape, which plays a major role in decision or strategy making for a research-driven Pharma / Veterinary / Agrochemical and Fine Chemical Industry. The database can help in generic as well as innovative product development to maintain profitability.
– Readily accessible USDMF or EPDMF and JDMF information.
– Patent Landscape – Technology patent landscape for every Active pharmaceutical ingredient, which can be exported in the excel format.
– Non-Patent Literature – Provides access to critical important non-patent literature on polymorph, analytical data, particle size, and process disclosed in non-patent literature.
– AgroPharm-XIM Database (Indian Export and Import data for Pharmaceuticals and Agrochemicals with their intermediates)
PharmVetPat Brochure: https://chemroboticspharma.com/assets/data/ChemRobotics_Phama_Brochure_2021.pdf