- Indian multinational pharma company Sun Pharmaceutical on Friday announced that one of its subsidiaries, S.C. Terapia S.A, has acquired the Uractiv portfolio from Fiterman Pharma in Romania.
- The Uractiv portfolio comprises food supplements including minerals, vitamins and adjuvants; cosmetics and medical devices used for maintaining urinary tract health.
Uractiv is the No. 1 brand in its category in Romania, trusted by consumers for more than 10 years.
- Short description -Supports kidneys clearance function and urinary tract health.
Indications -URACTIV FORTE is used from the first signs of discomfort at the level of urinary tract (pain, frequent urination, irritation).
- Advantages -Concentrated formula to support urinary tract health in mature and active women.
- Composition– Ingredients: bearberry dry extract (Arctostaphylos uva-ursi), lactose monohydrate, methylene blue, talc, magnesium stearate.
– 450 mg, Bearberry dry extract (dry extract from the leaves of Arctostaphylos uva-ursi, standardized in min. 20% arbutin).
Arctostaphylos uva-ursi (bearberry) contains a steroid, sitosterol, and triterpenoids, such as amyrin, betulinic acid, lupeol, oleanolic acid, taraxenol, ursolic acid, and uvaol.
The portfolio including 12 SKUs has annualized revenues of approximately US$ 8.7 million. The products cater to both adults and children.
“We are excited to add UractivTM to our consumer healthcare portfolio in Romania. This acquisition is in line with our strategy to further expand our non-prescription product basket in Romania and neighbouring markets,” said Aalok Shanghvi, EVP & HeadGeneric R&D, Generic Global BD and Emerging Markets, Sun Pharma. “We have a strong presence in Romania with Terapia being the number one company in the generics and OTC market*. We will leverage our robust marketing and distribution strengths to grow these brands further,” he added.
About Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
Sun Pharma is the largest pharmaceutical company in India with over 8 per cent market share in the domestic market according to AWACS, a pharmaceutical market research company. Sun Pharma India specialises in technically complex products, offering a comprehensive therapy basket, and owns over 30 brands out of the top 300 pharmaceutical brands in India. The top therapeutic segments which contribute significantly to the company’s revenue and market share are Neuro-Psychiatry (17 per cent), Gastroenterelogy (12 per cent), Anti-Infectives (10 per cent), Diabetology (9 per cent), and; Pain/Analgesics (7 per cent) among others.