- Corteva, Inc. and Symborg announced that Corteva has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Symborg, a microbiological technology expert based in Murcia, Spain.
- Respected throughout the biologics industry, Symborg has a diversified existing portfolio, a burgeoning biocontrol pipeline and a skilled workforce with solid technical knowledge and demand generation expertise.
″Acquiring Symborg is a significant next step in Corteva’s strategy to accelerate the development of a best-in-class biologicals portfolio, as a valuable part of our integrated solutions we offer to our customers,″ said Robert King, Executive Vice President, Crop Protection Business Unit, Corteva Agriscience. ″Over the past three years, Corteva has established licensing and distribution agreements with the top biological companies, which we selected after evaluating technologies and demonstrating customer acceptance. This acquisition shows Corteva’s progression towards further establishing itself as a technology leader in this rapid growth segment.″
This transaction continues Corteva’s commitment to build a more differentiated and sustainably advantaged portfolio that provides cost -effective solutions for farmers. Corteva will leverage the combined organizations to scale up Symborg’s current solutions, as well as new products in development.
“Supporting farmers worldwide with our cutting-edge biobased solutions has always been the Symborg motto,″ said Jesús Juárez, founding partner and CEO at Symborg. ″That spirit together with a highly skilled team, led us to become a key player towards sustainable agriculture. The integration with Corteva is an opportunity to reinforce our impact in the field helping farmers facing current and future challenges. And beyond, it is an opportunity to become the answer to safe and sustainable food that society is demanding. Symborg and Corteva share values and market vision, becoming the perfect match to design the future of agriculture.”
Closing of the acquisition is subject to customary closing conditions. Following the close, Symborg locations in Murcia, Spain and subsidiaries in the United States, Mexico, Peru, Chile, Brazil, France, Turkey, China and Australia will become key elements of Corteva’s Biologicals Portfolio.
About Corteva Agriscience
Corteva, Inc. is a major American agricultural chemical and seed company that was the agricultural unit of DowDuPont prior to being spun off as an independent public company. DowDuPont announced the Corteva name in February 2018, saying that it was “derived from a combination of words meaning ‘heart’ and ‘nature.'” The company offers comprehensive and diverse portfolio, from crop protection — fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, and seed treatments that protect against weeds, disease, and insects — to seeds.
- AgroPat Lite– Access 5500 pesticides with chemistry, Biology, Regulatory, and IP info. Covers the product information including formulation, combination, developer, innovator, existing intellectual property, regulatory requirement, biology data including spectrum, MOA, DFU, toxicity profile, and safety. (Designed for Business Development function)
- AgroPat Ultimate– In detailed Access 5500 pesticides with chemistry, Biology, Regulatory, and IP info. (Designed for Research & Development function)
- Indian Medicine Database –Approved Drugs, Medical Devices, Approved Regenerative Medical Products
- Weblink: https://imd.chemrobotics.com/
- Indian Pesticide Database (IPD)– All Indian Approvals, e.g. 9(3) and 9(4), etc.
- Global Agro Product Directory(More than 55countries approved product info. with relevant documents such as label, factsheet and monograph)
- Weblink: https://www.chemrobotics.com/pesticides-directory/
- Global MRL Database(More than 85 countries MRL info.)
- Jarvis– A Competitor Patents Watch Database for Agrochemical
- Technical Routes(More than 15000 routes of synthesis for Agrochemical & Pharmaceutical)
- Technical Suppliers(Provides technical supplier information)
- Company Directory– KSM Supplier(s) Database — More than 10 K Companies listed from Pharma / Agrochemical / Fine Chemical Domain with their product offering in Pharma / Agrochemical / Fine Chemical segment,
- Weblink: https://companydirectory.chemrobotics.com
- ChemRobotics SPC Database– Provides Patent SPC data Europe
- PharmVetPat –Access chemistry including ROS, KSM, Intermediate, Biology, Regulatory, and IP info for all pharm molecules.
- Weblink: https://chemroboticspharma.com/pharmVetPat