Syngenta Crop Protection has recently released a new herbicide candidate called Metproxybicyclone, which falls under the chemical class of Propynyl-Phenyl Compounds. It is a racemic mixture and is identified by its CAS RN number, 1848207-89-5. The discovery of Metproxybicyclone dates back to 2015 and it was documented in the International Patent application WO2015197468, which is owned by Syngenta Participations AG.
- STATUS: ISO 1750 (provisionally approved)
- IUPAC NAME: (1RS,5SR)-3-[2-methoxy-4-(prop-1-yn-1-yl)phenyl]-4-oxobicyclo[3.2.1]oct-2-en-2-yl methyl carbonate
- CAS NAME: 3-[2-methoxy-4-(1-propyn-1-yl)phenyl]-4-oxobicyclo[3.2.1]oct-2-en-2-yl methyl carbonate
- CAS REG. NO.: 1848207-89-5
- FORMULA: C20H20O5
- ACTIVITY: Herbicides (unclassified)
- INCHIKEY: BLGCYYLLSINBMU-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- INCHI: InChI=1S/C20H20O5/c1-4-5-12-6-9-15(16(10-12)23-2)17-18(21)13-7-8-14(11-13)19(17)25-20(22)24-3/h6,9-10,13-14H,7-8,11H2,1-3H3
- CHEMICAL CLASS: Propynyl-Phenyl Compounds
Syngenta, a leading company in the field of agriculture, has recently filed an International Patent application for Metproxybicyclone WO2015197468 (PCT/EP2015/063744) covering the novel compound Metproxybicyclone and its analogues.
Furthermore, Syngenta has also filed four additional patents WO2023280701 (PCT/EP2022/068244); WO2023280702 (PCT/EP2022/068247); WO2023280703 (PCT/EP2022/068250); WO2023280697 (PCT/EP2022/068239) for various combinations of agrochemical mixtures involving Metproxybicyclone.
Manufacturing Route of Synthesis of Metproxybicyclone
For More Detail Visit: ChemRobotics.com (Global Agrochemical Intelligence Database)