- IFFCO and Mitsubishi Corporation formed a joint venture to produce Tabiki (Flubendiamide 20% WG).
- The major causes of biotic stress on crops are insects or pests. Hence, to control this a farmer needs good insecticide.
- Takibi is a new generation Di-amide compound that is safe for humans and the environment.
- Takibi Flubendiamide 20% is a water-soluble granular insecticide.
- Takibi is used to control stemborer and leaf roller in paddy crops, American Bollworm in cotton, Pod borer in Pulses, Diamondback moth in cabbage and Fruit borer in Tomato.
Pesticides designed to kill, hurt, repel, or mitigate one or more insect species are known as insecticides. Some insecticides cause nervous system disruption, while others can harm their exoskeletons, repel them, or exert other forms of control. Additionally, they can be packed in various ways, such as sprays, dust, gels, and baits.
Insects killed by broad-spectrum insecticides will be killed regardless of species. These pesticide classes, which are listed on the labels of every commercial pesticide, include the majority of neonicotinoids, organophosphate, pyrethroid, and carbamate insecticides.
About Takibi (Flubendiamide 20% WG)
AI-Flubendiamide 20% WG
Description: Flubendiamide is a synthetic petrochemical pesticide in of the ryanoid class which acts at receptors in insect muscles. The chemical contains a perfluorinated functional group. Flubendiamide acts against various lepidopterous insect pests such as armyworms, bollworms, corn borers, cutworms, diamondback moths, fruitworms and loopers.
Country of Origin: India
IUPAC: 1-N-[4-(1,1,1,2,3,3,3-heptafluoropropan-2-yl)-2-methylphenyl]-3-iodo-2-N-(2-methyl1-methylsulfonylpropan-2 yl)benzene1,2-dicarboxamide
Effective Against- Takibi is used to control stemborer and leaf roller in paddy crop, American Bollworm in cotton, Podborer in Pulses, Diamondback moth in cabbage, Fruit borer in Tomato.
CAS RN: 272451-65-7
Mechanism of Action :Flubendiamide activates ryanodine sensitive intracellular calcium release channels (ryanodine receptors, RyR) in insects. It has a novel biochemical action as it affects calcium ion balance irrespective of sodium or potassium ion balance, which causes contraction of insect skeletal muscle.
- Broad Spectrum insecticide – Controls different types of caterpillars
- Fast and effective control of loss inflicting stages of larvae and caterpillars
- The insect stops damaging the crop just after the product application
- Provides prolonged control of target pest hence it is cost-effective
- Safe for plants, humans, and the environment
- Effective in IPM and IRM programs
When applied carefully, some broad-spectrum insecticides, such as chlorpyrifos can be useful for targeting specific pests. It’s crucial to take into account how using a broad-spectrum pesticide would affect the helpful insect’s natural enemies. More resilient natural enemies will aid in controlling invasive species later in the season and reduce the frequency of chemical reapplications.
As a result, farmers must prioritize insect pest management. Scientists and experts propose using insecticides at the early stages of the afflicted crop to reduce production loss.
Joint Venture of IFFCO and Mitsubishi Corp
Fertiliser cooperative IFFCO today formally launched a joint venture with Japanese firm Mitsubishi Corp for manufacturing agrochemicals in India that will start operation in this rabi season starting October.
IFFCO holds 51 per cent stake and the rest is held by Mitsubishi in the joint venture IFFCO-MC Crop Science Private Ltd. The shareholding pact was signed last month.
About Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited
Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited, also known as IFFCO, is a multi-state cooperative society. IFFCO is wholly owned by Cooperative Societies of India. The society is engaged in the business of manufacturing and marketing of fertilizers. IFFCO is headquartered in New Delhi, India. Started in 1967 with 57 member cooperatives, it is today the biggest co-op in the world by turnover on GDP per capita (as per World Cooperative Monitor 2021), with around 35,000 member cooperatives reaching over 50 million Indian farmers.
With around 19% market share in urea and around 31% market share in complex fertilizers (P2O5 terms) IFFCO is India’s largest fertilizer manufacturer.
The cooperative was ranked 66th on the Fortune India 500 list of India’s biggest corporations as of 2017 with a net worth of $2.6 billion as on March, 2021.
- AgroPat Lite– Access 5500 pesticides with chemistry, Biology, Regulatory, and IP info. Covers the product information including formulation, combination, developer, innovator, existing intellectual property, regulatory requirement, biology data including spectrum, MOA, DFU, toxicity profile, and safety. (Designed for Business Development function)
- AgroPat Ultimate– In detailed Access 5500 pesticides with chemistry, Biology, Regulatory, and IP info. (Designed for Research & Development function)
- Indian Medicine Database –Approved Drugs, Medical Devices, Approved Regenerative Medical Products
- Weblink: https://imd.chemrobotics.com/
- Indian Pesticide Database (IPD)– All Indian Approvals, e.g. 9(3) and 9(4), etc.
- Global Agro Product Directory(More than 55countries approved product info. with relevant documents such as label, factsheet and monograph)
- Weblink: https://www.chemrobotics.com/pesticides-directory/
- Global MRL Database(More than 85 countries MRL info.)
- Jarvis– A Competitor Patents Watch Database for Agrochemical
- Technical Routes(More than 15000 routes of synthesis for Agrochemical & Pharmaceutical)
- Technical Suppliers(Provides technical supplier information)
- Company Directory– KSM Supplier(s) Database — More than 10 K Companies listed from Pharma / Agrochemical / Fine Chemical Domain with their product offering in Pharma / Agrochemical / Fine Chemical segment,
- Weblink: https://companydirectory.chemrobotics.com
- ChemRobotics SPC Database– Provides Patent SPC data Europe
- PharmVetPat –Access chemistry including ROS, KSM, Intermediate, Biology, Regulatory, and IP info for all pharm molecules.
- Weblink: https://chemroboticspharma.com/pharmVetPat