UPL an Agrochemical Pioneer launches UPLIFT Fungicide, the formulation of Azoxystrobin and Prothioconazole whose action will be on wheat and barley Crop .
About UPLIFT Fungicide
UPLIFT is a new broad spectrum fungicide for use in wheat and barley. Its unique, easy-to-use suspension concentrate (SC) formulation of azoxystrobin and prothioconazole makes it a more compatible formulation compared to other fungicides in the market.
Active Ingredients : Azoxystrobin and Prothiocanazole
- IUPAC: Methyl (E)-2-[2-[6-(2-cyanophenoxy)pyrimidin-4-yl]oxyphenyl]-3-methoxyprop-2-enoate
- CAS RN:131860-33-8
- Mechanism of Action (MOA): Mitochondrial electron transport inhibition (MET III) by inhibition of ubiquinol oxidase at the Qo (quinone outside) binding site on cytochrome bc1 (complex III).
- IUPAC: 2-[2-(1-chlorocyclopropyl)-3-(2-chlorophenyl)-2-hydroxypropyl]-1H-1,2,4-triazole-3-thione
- CAS RN: 178928-70-6
- Mechanism of Action (MOA): Inhibition of ergosterol biosynthesis, by inhibition of C14-demethylase (SBI Class I).
- Indication: FUNGICIDE
Prothioconazole is a synthetic chemical produced primarily for its fungicidal properties.
- It is a member of the class of compounds triazoles, and possesses a unique toxophore in this class of fungicides.
- Its effective fungicidal properties can be attributed to its ability to inhibit CYP51A1
The dual modes of action improve disease control and resistance management, providing excellent systemic and protective activity. Applying UPLIFT fungicide prior to disease initiation can considerably reduce the formation of foliar diseases.
- Excellent efficacy against target diseases
- Cost-effective solution, maximising yield & grain quality
- Combines 2 highly effective active ingredients
- Better protection than standalone DMI treatments
- Easy-to-use formulation
- Highly compatible with a range of products
- 2 modes of action for improved resistance management
UPL Ltd. United Phosphorous (UPL) is a producer of crop protection products, intermediates, specialty chemicals and other industrial chemicals, was incorporated in the year 1969. UPL is largest producer of agrochemicals in India . It is amongst the top five post–patent agrochemical manufacturers in the world.
UPL Limited, formerly United Phosphorus Limited, is an Indian multinational company that manufactures and markets agrochemicals, industrial chemicals, chemical intermediates, and specialty chemicals, and also offers crop protection solutions.
Born in a family of entrepreneurs in a small village in Kutch, India, passionate about chemistry and chemicals right from the beginning, Mr. Rajnikant Shroff, the CMD of UPL, pioneered Red Phosphorus manufacturing in 1969, giving an impetus to the indigenous chemical industry.