To solve the problems of sugar cane farmers, SWAL Corporation Limited (Part of UPL) launched Trishuk – a weed control solution. The innovative product is India’s first 3-way sugarcane herbicide that minimizes weed control costs and increases crop productivity through effective weed management. Consisting of 2,4-D Sodium Salt 44%, Metribuzin 35% and PSE 1% WG, it provides 3 levels of protection as a Plant Growth Regulator (PGR), Mobile Photosynthesis Inhibitor and Acetolactate Synthase (ALS) Inhibitor.
Sugarcane farmers face 25-50% yield loss due to improper weed management every year. Trishuk aims to minimize these losses through its innovative 3-way mix herbicide. In the last three years, Trishuk has shown exceptional results in more than 1000 trials that were conducted in major Sugarcane-producing states in India like Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Punjab & Haryana.
It was observed that Trishuk gives 50-60 days of weeds control and reduced weed management labour cost by Rs. 3000-4000/- per acre.
Active Ingredients : 2,4-D Sodium Salt 44%, Metribuzin 35% and 1% Pyrazosulfuron-Ethyl WG
a. 2,4-D Sodium Salt
- A selective systemic phenoxy herbicide
- It is used for post-emergence control of annual and perennial broad-leaved weeds in cereals, maize, rice, sorghum, sugarcane, grassland, grass seed crops, established turf, forestry and non-crop land.
- IUPAC: 4-amino-6-tert-butyl-3-methylsulfanyl-1,2,4-triazin-5-one
- MOA – It acts by inhibiting photosynthesis by disrupting photosystem II.
- Metribuzin is an herbicide used both pre- and post-emergence in crops including soy bean, potatoes, tomatoes and sugar cane.
- CAS RN: 21087-64-9
c. Pyrazosulfuron-Ethyl WG
- PYRAZOSULFURON ETHYL 10 WP is a non-hormonal systemic herbicide from the Sulfonylurea group, for the selective control of ciperaceae and broadleaf weeds.
- MOA – It blocks the synthesis of essential amino acids by stopping cell division and the growth of weeds.
Major Crops: Sugarcane
Target Weeds: Grasses, Broad leaf weeds and sedges
Class : Herbicide
Mr. Pankaj Joshi, Business Head, SWAL Corporation said, “We understand that Sugarcane is an economically important crop for the Indian farmer. With that in mind, we have launched Trishuk to provide the best weed management solution. We have seen excellent weed control in Grasses, Broad leave weeds, and sedges with best-in-class crop safety and long-duration weed control. The farmers are our key stakeholders, and we are dedicated to their welfare and prosperity. Through innovation, we want to improve their lives financially. Trishuk is one such product that will aid the sugarcane farmers in increasing their incomes and crop yield”.
SWAL Corporation Limited (formerly known as Shaw Wallace Agrochemicals Limited) is one of the pioneers in the Indian Agrochemical Industry. Committed to the progress of Indian farmers for more than nine decades, our core competency lies in marketing of pesticides and fertilizer mixtures. We are a major player in the industry, enjoying a leadership position in branded sales of Acephate (Starthene) and Ethion (MIT 505).
They have four fertilizer mixing units at Karamadai (Tamil Nadu), Kottayam, Calicut and Kannur (Kerala). Besides, the company also has a job work arrangement for fertilizer mixing at Pune.
For more Information: Sign in Websites for Agrochemical & Pharmaceutical Databases:
Website : https://www.chemrobotics.com/ (Agrochemical Databases)
Website : https://chemroboticspharma.com/ (Pharmaceutical Databases)